Thursday, July 25, 2013

Confession

My eBook did great during the three day free promotion.  In fact, it did better than I ever thought it would.  I actually went into the three days thinking it would be miraculous if I got 300 downloads, which would be 100 a day for those of you math challenged ones out there.  ;)

But, honestly, I didn't see how it was going to happen.

The main marketing tool I had was my friends and family on Facebook, so I figured I would get about 150 downloads (even though I was still secretly wishing for 300).

At the end of the first day, I was right around 125 downloads, which was amazing.

At the end of the second day, however, I was only around 215 downloads and knew things were winding down, despite my best efforts with what I had as far as marketing.

Halfway through the third day, there were around 275 downloads and I was just wishing to hit that 300 mark.  I had to go to work last night, but I checked the download count when I got home.

My grand total of free books downloaded was (*drum roll, please*)...378!!!!

I'm not sure what happened the last half of the third day, but somehow word got out or something and the downloads shot up!!  YAY!!!  I really can't believe it.  I've gotten so much positive feedback, it astounds me. I was also on the Amazon Top 100 Bestseller list for contemporary fiction for most of the three days (#74 out of about 1,400 free books).

So, if you were one of those 378, THANK YOU for your support!!

I'm currently having someone work on tweaking the cover a bit for me. I wasn't completely happy with the last one, so it's getting a makeover today (and yesterday).  When I upload the new cover, I'll also upload a new file of the book that has some editing changes that some very helpful (not being sarcastic) readers alerted me to.

I also need to do an author's bio page, which I have no idea what to say on that, but at least I found a decent picture of myself for it (one where I'm not surrounded by crying/screaming kids and not wearing a shirt stained by little fingers!).

Thanks for reading!  As always, feel free to leave any comments/questions and I'll get back to you!

1 comment: